[linux-audio-user] question about cue sheet apps

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Sun Sep 7 10:16:01 EDT 2003

luis jure wrote:

> el Fri, 5 Sep 2003 09:24:04 -0400
> Rob <lau at kudla.org> escribió:
>
> > Would gcdmaster be what you're looking for?
> >
> > http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/gcdmaster/
> >

> i'm glad you mentioned gcdmaster, because i remember it was a handy program
> indeed, but i can't make it work now.
>
> the only binaries i found is a very old version (1.1.5). sources are now
> integrated, if understand correctly, to the cdrdao tree, but i can't build
> it. (i mean, i can build cdrdao but no the graphical interface). the problem
> is i can't get to compile what seems to be necessary to build gcdmaster,
> namely gnomemm.

I'm glad Luis sent this message, it addresses a particular concern. I
also tried building gcdmaster but ran into a by-now familiar problem. I
have both GTK 1.2.10 and GTK 2.0 installed on my machine. While
gtk-config is wonderful, not all legacy GTK-based apps use it, which
results in a poor situation when it comes to compile time: either I give
it up or I set up a bunch of links that will need to be removed after
compiling. Not the best solution either way.

As it happens, my compile of gcdmaster fails anyway. If anyone wants to
know, here's the fail point :

[dlphilp at localhost xdao]$ make
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT  -DVERSION=\"1.1.7\"
-I.. -I. -I./../dao -I./../trackdb -g -O2  -I/usr/include
-DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include
-I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include  -c xcdrdao.cc -o xcdrdao.o
In file included from /usr/include/iostream.h:31,
                 from /usr/include/stl_alloc.h:45,
                 from /usr/include/alloc.h:21,
                 from /usr/include/std/bastring.h:39,
                 from /usr/include/string:6,
                 from /usr/local/include/gtk--/base.h:28,
                 from /usr/local/include/gtk--.h:70,
                 from xcdrdao.cc:27:
/usr/include/streambuf.h: In method `ios::~ios ()':
/usr/include/streambuf.h:485: warning: deleting `void *' is undefined
xcdrdao.cc: In function `int main (int, char **)':
xcdrdao.cc:164: `Dialogs' undeclared in namespace `Gnome'
xcdrdao.cc:164: parse error before `::'
make: *** [xcdrdao.o] Error 1

Any and all suggestions for a fix are welcome, though I'm not especially
hopeful...

Best regards,

== dp