[linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Sep 8 11:26:01 EDT 2003

Robert Epprecht wrote:

> I just run hdsploader a few times (until it gives no errors, which means
> at least two times, sometimes three), start hdspmixer from alsa-tools 0.9.6
> and then alsaplayer. I did *not* run amixer.  Do I get that right, that
> hdspmixer replaces it and there is no need for amixer when I run hdspmixer?

Bad idea. It should work the first time without errors or you can't
trust it IMO.

I found similar errors to you until I decided to load the modules
manually before running hdsploader.

I use a multiface here.

I run this script.

# modprobe snd-cmipci;
modprobe snd-mixer-oss;modprobe snd-pcm-oss; modprobe snd-seq-oss;
modprobe snd-hdsp; hdsploader;

# route jack inputs to line out
# left
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 26,26,4000
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 28,26,4000
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 30,26,4000
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 32,26,4000
# right
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 27,27,4000
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 29,27,4000
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 31,27,4000
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 33,27,4000

# Set volume for analog outputs to reasonable level
# and connect jack inputs to analog outs
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 26,0,4000;
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 27,1,4000;
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 28,2,4000;
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 29,3,4000;
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 30,4,4000;
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 31,5,4000;
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 32,6,4000;
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 33,7,4000;
amixer -c 1 cset numid=5 34,8,4000;

Save it as a file in your path eg /usr/local/bin/starthdsp

make it executable.

  chmod u+x /usr/local/bin/starthdsp

--

Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
Http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No!
We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything
I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002
The Scotsman