[linux-audio-user] Re: RME hammerfall DSP Multiface: help needed

Robert Epprecht epprecht at solnet.ch
Mon Sep 8 13:06:00 EDT 2003

Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> writes:

> Robert Epprecht wrote:
>> I just run hdsploader a few times (until it gives no errors, which
>> means at least two times, sometimes three), [ ... ]

> Bad idea. It should work the first time without errors or you can't
> trust it IMO.
>
> I found similar errors to you until I decided to load the modules
> manually before running hdsploader.
  ^^^^^^^^
You mean 'manually' as opposed to using modules.conf?
I remove them from modules.conf first and reboot?

> I use a multiface here.

So do I.  And the PCI interface.

> I run this script. [ ... ]
Oh, thanks a lot. I'll try that out very soon.

> # route jack inputs to line out

Would you please tell me how exactly to start jackd?
Or should I try without first?

Which is the sequence?
starting jack, running the script, running hdsploader
or what?

I wonder what I would do without all the help I get from the list.
I hope there will be a time I can give something back...

Thanks a lot,
Robert