[linux-audio-user] Re: Again - RRRRRrrr

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Mon Sep 8 14:49:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 02:51:40PM -0300, Alexander wrote:
> But I can't load manually the default module for VIA82xxx of Slackware. After
> installation the Alsa-driver the only module can be loaded is the
> snd-via82xx(the module of Alsa).
>
> For this things I believe now In one error in my system modules.

No, it should be like that - Slackware doesn't come with ALSA, only with
the OSS drivers, and you definitely want to be using the snd-via82xx
from ALSA.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.