[linux-audio-user] Message about Ardour(the last?)

Alexander alexander at edem.g12.br
Wed Sep 10 08:07:00 EDT 2003

Hi!

Finaly I can run jackd and compile Adour.

But I can't run Ardour. I can see the splash screen, but Ardour killing
itself.

So:

# ardour

Ardour/GTK 0.380.1 running with libardour 0.686.3
ardour: [WARNING]: MMC MIDI port "trident" not available: no MMC control
possible
343: received signal 4
ardour is killing itself for a clean exit
Killed

I don't get Ardour using CVS because I can't connect the cvsroot.

So, I get the file ardour_current-cvs.tar in the website of Ardour.

What is MIDI port "trident"? I haven't hardware trident, any, in my computer.

The TODO file say: "don't initiate MIDI binding if there is no MMC control".

Is it my answer?

But where I disable "MIDI binding"?

I don't make any change in the files *.rc

But after this error I remove any line about MMC or MIDI and I get the same
error.

Somebody can help me?

Thanks!
Alexander