[linux-audio-user] Message about Ardour(the last?)

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 09:32:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

--- Alexander <alexander at edem.g12.br> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Finaly I can run jackd and compile Adour.
>
> But I can't run Ardour. I can see the splash screen,
> but Ardour killing
> itself.
>
> So:
>
> # ardour
>
> Ardour/GTK 0.380.1 running with libardour 0.686.3
> /usr/local/ardour/ardour_ui.rc
> /usr/local/etc/ardour/ardour_system.rc
> /usr/local/etc/ardour/ardour.rc
> ardour: [WARNING]: MMC MIDI port "trident" not
> available: no MMC control
> possible
> 343: received signal 4
> ardour is killing itself for a clean exit
> Killed
>

> I don't get Ardour using CVS because I can't connect
> the cvsroot.
>
> So, I get the file ardour_current-cvs.tar in the
> website of Ardour.
>
> What is MIDI port "trident"? I haven't hardware
> trident, any, in my computer.

Paul uses the settings for his hardware and
installation in the default ardour.rc file.

> The TODO file say: "don't initiate MIDI binding if
> there is no MMC control".
>
> Is it my answer?

I'd say yes.

> But where I disable "MIDI binding"?

In the ardour.rc file.

> I don't make any change in the files *.rc
>
> But after this error I remove any line about MMC or
> MIDI and I get the same
> error.

You've probably got more than one ardour.rc file.
Perhaps a system wide and one for normaluser. If
you're editing ~/normaluser/ardour/.ardour.rc and
getting the above message it's because you're starting
ardour from the system wide ardour.rc.

Incidentally, there are ardour mailing lists.

ron