[linux-audio-user] Problems with Redhat 9(Shrike)

Tim Hall tim at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Tue Sep 16 07:33:00 EDT 2003

I use Debian/stable plus the packages available via DeMuDi/agnula. I also
found Debian ok to install, although you do have to know your hardware better
as it doesn't auto-detect much. You can install the bulk of it plus low-lat
kernel using tasksel during the second part of the installation process. Last
I looked it wasn't actually labelled as such, but the option is there. I had
to do a little 'figuration on my system to get the music apps to work, but
mine's an old box cobbled together out of bits. It is so easy to keep it up
to date (that's 6 months out of date for /stable :-)

cheers

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk

Current Listening: The Resonators - 7 Elves