[linux-audio-user] Running vstserver & ladspavst

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Wed Sep 17 23:29:01 EDT 2003

Tim Orford wrote:

> i'm not a pd user so i'm probably doing something silly,
> but i just get, eg:
>
>         k_vst~ Freeverb2.dll
>         ... couldn't create
>
> vstserver shows nothing.
>
> could you maybe post a working pd file?

Copy this into a file named foo.pd:

#N canvas 588 282 450 300 10;
#X msg 56 45 opengui;
#X msg 147 46 closegui;
#X obj 147 120 k_vst~ NorthPole;
#X obj 211 78 adc~;
#X obj 215 160 dac~;
#X connect 0 0 2 0;
#X connect 1 0 2 0;
#X connect 2 1 4 0;
#X connect 2 2 4 1;
#X connect 3 0 2 1;
#X connect 3 1 2 2;

Replace "NorthPole" with the name of whatever plugin you want to try,
leaving off the extension. Then start the vstserver
('~/vstserver-0.2.7/vstserver') in its own window. In another xterm open
Pd. I start it like this:

  pd -lib /home/dlphilp/k_vst~/k_vst~ -open
/home/dlphilp/my_pd_files/foo.pd

I've placed an image of the outcome on-line here:

  http://linux-sound.org/pd-vst-pic.html

Note that I'm using the latest versions of WINE, vstserver, and k_vst~.
I hope that all helps a bit.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

	The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org