[linux-audio-user] HDSP Firmware?

BrbrOfSvl at aol.com BrbrOfSvl at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 23:00:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

I just put together a linux box and I'm going to be using the RME Hammerfall DSP w/ the Multiface.  When I do lspci I get:

01:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Xilinx Corporation RME Hammerfall DSP (rev 32)

I'm kinda confused because I thought the rev should have been either 0a or 0b (or maybe 10 or 11).  On my windows side I ran the firmware updater from the RME website, and I get "hardware revision 50" with a tag that says I don't need to update.  Is this normal?  I don't know if this makes a difference, but I'm currently running RedHat 9 with the kernel from Planet CCRMA (the .caps one rather than the .acpi, which won't work on my hardware for whatever reason).
Slowly but surely I'm gonna get this thing running on Linux.  Any other hints anybody's dying to share?  I'm sure I've missed a ton of conversation about the HDSP in the past... I'll be going through those later.  =o)

Thanks,

Matt Barber