[linux-audio-user] Weird glitchy noise in Mozilla

Gustavo Zamorano S. gzsuniq at cableonda.net
Sun Sep 21 19:02:01 EDT 2003

As far as I can see ALSA are just the sound driver.  It does not have a
sound server.
IN my Red Hat 9 box, the sound server artds has an option -a that is
supposed to accept alsa, oss and toss as parameters.  But, artds -A
shows that valid options are only oss, toss and null.
So, I set it to run with -a toss ( prerefences -> Sound -> Sound  server).
As long as I can hear music I am sure the Alsa drivers are working.
I would  like to know if working with artsd is ok or I should wswitch to
jack or esd.

GZS

--
This Message is sent from my Red Hat 8.0 Linux server
      Machine Registration number 205692 at http://counter.li.org/

       .-.                    Gustavo Zamorano S.
     .-. |                    Registered Linux user number 320898
   .-. | |                                      at http://counter.li.org/