[linux-audio-user] Re: HDSP Firmware

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Mon Sep 22 12:53:00 EDT 2003

> --- BrbrOfSvl at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Kevin E. helped me out with my HDSP.  Turns out I just needed the new
> > 0.9.6 drivers
>
> Just to be thorough for others helping Matt out further, I gave him a
> fresh batch of ALSA rpm's, made from CVS yesterday, I called them
> 0.9.6.cvs (the cvs date is in the spec).  Anyway, once we got those
> installed, the HDSP came right up (with only the continuing play
> problem Matt mentioned).
>
> Kevin

Kevin,
   Did your RPM's include Thomas's patches sent to this list on or around
the 27th of August? If not it might be helpful to do so. I do not
specifically know if these effected the MultiFace/DigiFace products, but
they were critical for the HDSP 9652.

Mark

Matt,
   When you finish using aplay, is it gone from the process stack when you
do a ps aux? If not, it is probably blocking other apps from getting to the
sound card. If it is gone, then I don't have any idea what's going on.

Mark