[linux-audio-user] Re: HDSP Firmware

kevin ernste kevinernste at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 14:02:00 EDT 2003

--- Mark Knecht <mknecht at controlnet.com> wrote:
> > --- BrbrOfSvl at aol.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > Kevin E. helped me out with my HDSP.  Turns out I just needed the
> new
> > > 0.9.6 drivers
> >
> > Just to be thorough for others helping Matt out further, I gave him
> > fresh batch of ALSA rpm's, made from CVS yesterday, I called them
> > 0.9.6.cvs (the cvs date is in the spec).  Anyway, once we got those
> > installed, the HDSP came right up (with only the continuing play
> > problem Matt mentioned).
> >
> > Kevin
> >

> Kevin,
>    Did your RPM's include Thomas's patches sent to this list on or
> around
> the 27th of August? If not it might be helpful to do so. I do not
> specifically know if these effected the MultiFace/DigiFace products,
> but
> they were critical for the HDSP 9652.
>
> Mark

Sorry, I seem to have officially hijacked this thread without intending
to do so ;o  I hope Matt will forgive me.

I'll check on the patch, but perhaps it was already in CVS as of
yesterday (Thomas?) when I checked out sources to build with.  It
should be easy enough to add it if it's not there.

Kevin