[linux-audio-user] Delta 1010LT Preamp Gain

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Sep 23 11:53:01 EDT 2003

Greg Reddin wrote on Tue, 23-Sep-2003:

 > My eventual goal is to use my DAW as a PA processor for small road
 > gigs using Freqtweak or something similar for the master EQ and
 > dynamics processing for FOH and monitors.

I don't have any answers to your real question, but I just want
to warn you off from using FreqTweak as your EQ for a PA.  I'm
sure if you were careful it might be possible, but that tool
is really intended for freakish audio damage, rather than proper
reinforcement :)

Try some of Steve's LADSPA plugins (multiband EQ, 3 band
parametric, SC1/2/3/4),  or use Jamin, which has both EQ and dynamics built in,
and that EQ is actually much more transparent and linear.

Also, if you are using any of this for live performance or monitoring,
latency is going to be a *big* issue for you.  You'll find that
for live instruments, you probably won't be satisfied with buffer
sizes much bigger than 64 or 128, which can be hard to maintain
without a perfectly tuned system.  But then again, maybe your
material is not latency sensitive......

jlc