[linux-audio-user] Delta 1010LT Preamp Gain

Greg Reddin gtreddin at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 14:09:00 EDT 2003

--- Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
> 5 ms is roughly equivalent to moving
> your monitors 5 feet farther away.  This might be a problem on
> a big stage where things are already pretty kooky.  Or maybe not -
> I haven't tried :-)  I'm very curious to hear if it works for you.

Part of my problem is that I rarely work with stages that big.  Our
wedges are right at the mics.  So even if I built a system that
worked in my typical environment it might not scale up to larger
sound stages, etc.  And it might not be affordable enough for the
small-time guy like me to get into it.  I mean, even if the software
is free, you could buy some good EQ's with the money you'd spend on a
decent computer system.  I suppose there are other advantages.

Greg