[linux-audio-user] Re: HDSP Firmware

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 21:47:59 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 16:07, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
<SNIP>
> really cool hdspmixer and all
> that. I guess completely obsolete versions by now.

<SNIP>
No, I don't they are that out of date actually. If you add Thomas's
patch then Planet users would get HDSP 9652 support. If you packaged
hdspmixer rev 1.3 somewhere, then HDSP 9652 Planet user would get a
mixer. That's a nice step forward

What you do *not* get with the patch is a solution for HDSP 9632 users,
of which I believe you have at least one. A solution for that should be
in CVS at week's end, whenever that is, if Thomas manages to get it
done.

I think you should wait for that as it's really only a few days away,
unless Thomas pops up and says he's not going to get that into CVS then,
or on whatever time schedule you want to apply that patch, etc.

My only issue with this work Thomas is doing is that it will a new
version of the code that I haven't tested (as far as I know) and there
may be some debug that comes up, where as Alsa 0.9.6 + the patch I've
been using for a month now.

Unless I'm needed for something, I'm going to check out of this thread
now as it's about a Planet RPM which I won't be able to use since this
card is under Gentoo for me. (I'll probably check back in on the Planet
side about the little Hammerfall Light driver bug I found though...) ;-)

- Mark