[linux-audio-user] easy sampler

Rick Taylor ricktaylor at speakeasy.net
Tue Sep 23 23:44:00 EDT 2003

jjbenham at chicagoguitar.com (Jeremiah Benham) wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 06:49:04PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

>> http://simsam.sourceforge.net/
>
>It looks like they got something that could be pretty good soon. I like
>to assign a wav file to a range of keys rather than just one key. Makes
>me wish I knew c++ really well. I could modify it to just how I like it.
>All that it needs is a way to map across a range of keys.

 What would be nice is something crossplatform that would allow one to
 write sample catalogs in a common, standardized format, to cd ...as well
 as tracking them, indexing them {cds as well}, converting samples, writing
 compressed cd images for easy library publication, etc... Maybe it could
 use ogg or something... maybe have an online sample collection along the
 lines of debian and planet ccrma}

 {oh... actually playing them might be a function as well. :}}

 Is there like a "common desktop" sort of organization for linux audio?