[linux-audio-user] Filesystem: Ardour / SWD / Laptop

glimt glimt at littlebrother.org
Sun Sep 28 19:28:01 EDT 2003

Laptops go into suspend mode, come out of suspend mode, support suspend to
disk, etc.  Most of the bugs I have seen mentioned revolve around this
area.  Also, laptops tend to run out of power and just go thunk (if no
power management is configured) than desktops do.

I will probably do what you did.  Use reiserfs everywhere except where I
do my multimedia work.

How does ReiserFS perform for multimedia work?  OK, or do I really
absolutely need to use XFS?

Thanks,
--Craig