[linux-audio-user] Something new (ardour never starts)

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Mon Sep 29 10:34:01 EDT 2003

> > On the Ardour CVS site there is an extra file you must download
> > separately that has the pixmaps.
> >
> > (Don't ask me why it isn't part of the CVS download, but that's the way
> > it is.)
>
> It was added to CVS around the middle of the summer.

So it's in the downloaded source tree somewhere? Why does the ./configure
make install process not put it somewhere standard so new folks don't have
problems like this? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding still.

> > I thought the sfdb (sound file data base) was supposed to be a
> > directory?
>
> No, it's just a file in .ardour/

Thanks. After 6 months of not using Ardour I've forgotten. Sorry for
creating any confusion.

Cheers,
Mark