[linux-audio-user] Compiling Audacity

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Tue Sep 30 19:11:00 EDT 2003

Let me first say I'm not terribly used to compiling Linux apps. I
usually intall Debian packages with apt-get. So I'm probably making a
very simple error, but I'm asking here because someone else might well
have built Audacity from source.

So here's the problem:
Whe I try compile Audacity 1.2 beta,
I get screefuls of messages like this:

libaudacity.a(PCMAliasBlockFile.o): In function
`PCMAliasBlockFile::BuildFromXML(wxString, char const **)':
/usr/include/wx/filename.h:100: undefined reference to
`wxFileName::Assign(wxFileName const &)'
/usr/include/wx/filename.h:100: undefined reference to
`wxArrayString::~wxArrayString(void)'

The system is Debian, mostly stable but I've installed quite a few bits
and pieces from testing. In response to earlier problems with
config and compilation I installed:
libwxbase2.4-dev
wxwin2.4-headers
libwxgtk2.4
zlib1g-dev
libwxgtk2.4-dev

But I can't see what's missing now and I don't understand enough about the
error messages, not being intimately falmiliare with libwx (it must have
something to do with that)

Any ideas, please?

--
Anahata