[linux-audio-user] I may not get over this.....

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Thu Apr 1 04:12:26 EST 2004

Well, Kjetil Matheussen has done a fantastic job with vsti 0.0.3 and
vstserver. Today I have run my N.I. Kontakt as a vsti for two hours on
my RH9/CCRMA 1800XP 1 gig ddr  PC  with no x-runs on a soundblaster (!!)
c/w the worlds best softsynth, Zynaddsubfx( this thing rules !!)... I am
going to kick the XP sampler out of the studio tomorrow. You've got to
try this !! I have been waiting for this moment for such a long time.
Frankly I don't care if it crashes every hour on the hour, at least I'll
be running Linux and the only way from here is UP !!!

Now if Paul would just release beta 12 of Ardour, that could be another
XP biting the dust... who knows !!

Thanks sooo much to all involved for a great OS and some amazing
programming ! Jack/Ardour/Alsa/CCRMA/Zynaddsubfx/Qjackctl/ and so much
more coming... very exciting.

Geoff