[linux-audio-user] I may not get over this.....

torbenh at informatik.uni-bremen.de torbenh at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Thu Apr 1 06:08:29 EST 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 07:12:26PM +1000, Geoff Beasley wrote:
> Well, Kjetil Matheussen has done a fantastic job with vsti 0.0.3 and
> vstserver. Today I have run my N.I. Kontakt as a vsti for two hours on
> my RH9/CCRMA 1800XP 1 gig ddr  PC  with no x-runs on a soundblaster (!!)
> c/w the worlds best softsynth, Zynaddsubfx( this thing rules !!)... I am
> going to kick the XP sampler out of the studio tomorrow. You've got to
> try this !! I have been waiting for this moment for such a long time.
> Frankly I don't care if it crashes every hour on the hour, at least I'll
> be running Linux and the only way from here is UP !!!
>
> Now if Paul would just release beta 12 of Ardour, that could be another
> XP biting the dust... who knows !!
>
> Thanks sooo much to all involved for a great OS and some amazing
> programming ! Jack/Ardour/Alsa/CCRMA/Zynaddsubfx/Qjackctl/ and so much
> more coming... very exciting.

then you will be really stunned when ardour beta12 loads vst plugins like they
were LADSPAS. there is a big thing coming up.

we dont use the vstserver anymore. so no more context switches during
plugin process.

galan is almost ready. loading vsts and their GUIs appear like normal
controls on the panel. this stuff is going beta really soon.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language