[linux-audio-user] live linux audio at the la laptop battle

Brian Redfern bredfern at calarts.edu
Wed Apr 21 13:42:10 EDT 2004

I'm compteting tonight at the la run of the travelling laptop battle, at
the knitting factory around 9pm, so if anyone is interested I'm using
termintorX with suse 9.0 and a dell laptop, I was in fact going to use my
quattro, but its too darn buggy, it dies after about an hour, and since I
have to leave my laptop on stage for extended amounts of time, I'm just
using teh built in i810 sound, which though its not as high quality as the
quattro, it doesn't randomly freeze my machine up like the quattro will.

I wonder if anyone is using the roland/edirol intefaces, they appear to be
basically guarunteed to follow the usb standards.