[linux-audio-user] timidity and jack problem

Stuart Allie stuartpallie at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 00:53:15 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I’ve just built timidity++ 2.13 and I’m trying to use the jack output
driver, but with no luck so far. Actually, I’m trying to use it in alsa
sequencer mode with jack outputs.

I’ve tried

  timidity –Oj file.mid

and

  timidity –iA –B2,8 –Oj file.mid

with the jack patch bay open, and I briefly see two ports “TiMidity:out_1”
and “out_2” (or something like that) appear for a split second and then
disappear again.

Using qjackctrl, there don’t seem to be any error messages from jack, so I
can’t see what the problem is.

Any suggestions anybody?

Thanks,

Stuart