[linux-audio-user] Edirol UA-1000 (was: Quattro USB)

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Fri Apr 23 08:47:07 EDT 2004

Dan Harper wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 23:26, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> > It hasn't been tested yet, but I think that it will work, or that it
> > would be easy to work around any incompatibilities that should arise.
>
> I found this grepping the source of 2.6.5:
> 	sound/usb/usbmidi.c:    /* Edirol UA-1000 */
>
> So someone has tested at least the MIDI side of things.

This piece of code simply gives a proper name to the MIDI Control
port, to prevent it from being named "MIDI 2".  I wrote this without
having an UA-1000.  Actually, I think the MIDI ports won't work
without a workaround.

If/when you get this device, please send me the output of "lsusb -v"
in both USB 2.0 and 1.x modes.

Regards,
Clemens