[linux-audio-user] pd vs. supercollider

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sat Apr 24 04:16:53 EDT 2004

> merging audio changes into impd comes.  I won't hide the fact that I
> like the direction impd is taking.  I just hope that the audio side
> will not be competely abandoned.  But I just discovered recently that
> it's more stable with GEM (I had random crashes when going through
> examples of pmpd in pd.  did not crash once in impd).
i had a look at impd, yesterday ... i haven't been able to use it (work
in progress), but i'll definitely have a look at it again, when it's
done ... and i'm willing to try to merge the dsp changes between the
devel and the impd branch ...
what i criticize is not _what_ mathieu is doing, but that there is no
roadmap where pd should go. mathieu set up his own roadmap, but probably
his impd and millers future stable releases will go to different
directions ...
there is too little communication between the pd developers ...

> well, I'm not sure about the 'coordinated' part.  However, pd has come
> a long way and I'm thankful for that.
no one is introducing changes that will harm any changes by the other
developers ...

cheers...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,