[linux-audio-user] pd vs. supercollider

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Sat Apr 24 13:48:46 EDT 2004

Tim Blechmann <TimBlechmann at gmx.net> writes:

> i had a look at impd, yesterday ... i haven't been able to use it (work
> in progress), but i'll definitely have a look at it again, when it's
> done ...

It may take a while :)

> and i'm willing to try to merge the dsp changes between the
> devel and the impd branch ...

cool :)  May I tell Mathieu about it? :)

> what i criticize is not _what_ mathieu is doing, but that there is no
> roadmap where pd should go. mathieu set up his own roadmap, but probably
> his impd and millers future stable releases will go to different
> directions ...
> there is too little communication between the pd developers ...

I agree and it seems that this was the case from the beginning (I
started using pd at around version .29).  But there seems to be a lot of
uncertainty about directions among the developers, although I have not
really seen any vigurous disagreements...  perhaps it's just lack of
any clear future goals?  I know I seem to be taking
impd's side but I'm not really hooked on it yet.  I would just give
mathieu a point for the initiative and action in moving towards the
realisation.

Ok, I think we've move sufficiently off-topic here...  Sorry.

--
	      _
      __  __ (_)___   Michal Seta