[linux-audio-user] pd vs. supercollider

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Apr 25 09:13:51 EDT 2004

> I agree and it seems that this was the case from the beginning (I
> started using pd at around version .29).  But there seems to be a lot
> of uncertainty about directions among the developers, although I have
> not really seen any vigurous disagreements...  perhaps it's just lack
> of any clear future goals?  I know I seem to be taking
> impd's side but I'm not really hooked on it yet.  I would just give
> mathieu a point for the initiative and action in moving towards the
> realisation.
i understand your point ... maybe the pd developers should meet and
discuss in order to set up a roadmap ... well, the lad conference would
be a place for something like that, but afaik the main pd developers
(miller, guenter, mathieu) won't be there ... it's unlikely that all
these people will ever be on one place at the same time, but maybe it's
possible to invite them to an online meeting...
(maybe more a discussion for the pd lists than the lau list ;-)

cheers...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,