[linux-audio-user] Ardour Crash + can't boot

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat Apr 24 06:06:24 EDT 2004

Aaron,

	Sounds strange.  If you are using LILO to boot press <Ctrl>-x at the
splash screen and then enter "linux single" at the boot: prompt to boot
into single user mode.  If you are using GRUB you can press "e" when the
GRUB splash screen comes up.  Highlight your normal boot line with the
arrow keys, press "e" again, add " single" to the end of the boot line,
press Enter, press "b".  This will boot you into single user mode.  At
that point you can look around your system and see if anything is
amiss.  Many times just getting it to boot into single user mode and
then doing a clean reboot will clear up any problems you have.  If
you're getting a message about having to manually fix a disk partition
you can manually fsck a disk partition by entering "fsck
/dev/hdWHATEVER".  Usually I just agree to let it fix whatever is wrong
at that point since anything more involved is "magic".  Good luck.

Jan