[linux-audio-user] Ardour Crash + can't boot

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Sat Apr 24 23:05:56 EDT 2004

hmmm good idea - although I'm not comfortable with ANY of those tools -
gonna have to get one - or make one, which means I gotta get this machine to
boot if I want to be able to burn a CD

hmmm

what I'm thinking is that something is corrupted, hopefully not physically,
on my big harddrive.  so I think what I'm gonna do is take it out, get the
system going with the other drive (smaller), cuz I don't THINK it's screwed
(although I could be wrong) - then make a cd of one of those and maybe try

my real goal as always is two fold - learn new stuff, expand skillset, but
also be able to work - but right now my goal is to get the data (especially
these tracks i just recorded and hadn't backed up), store it, reinstall from
scratch, wipe, clean, wipe butt, shower, reinstall audio apps, get data back
and be back on track.

hmm deee dooommmmm - man it was screwy because this crash happened in the
middle of the first session with any other players in my new
studio/apartment - DOH!