[linux-audio-user] Assistance with splitting up stereo channels in ALSA is appreciated.

Malcolm Baldridge linux-audio at paypc.com
Mon Apr 26 22:14:49 EDT 2004

Quoting Jack O'Quin <joq at io.com>:

> Don't know about ALSA, but sending beeps through JACK should be
> trivial.  You could probably hack the jack_metro example client to do
> that in just a few minutes.

Yes, I realise that.  However, when I first enabled jackd to handle both
directions (recording and capturing), I got almost continuous "xruns"
warnings.  Maybe there was an another problem at the time, but I'm rather
content to leave jack handling just the recording side of things for now.

Jack's port specification syntax seems easy enough, but ALSA's is strange.

Keep in mind, I am content to have both the L+R channels have identical
configurations with respect to sampling rate, word size, etc.  I'm not
trying to drive the left channel at 22Khz and the right at 11Khz, for example.

As always, Quality above all else,

=MB=
--
A focus on Quality.