[linux-audio-user] Is there no way to split L+R channels for ALSA applications?

Malcolm Baldridge linux-audio at paypc.com
Wed Apr 28 17:57:17 EDT 2004

I'm a bit surprised noone knows of a way to specify just one channel of a
given output device, i.e., just the LEFT channel or the RIGHT channel of the
main PCM output device.  The asoundrc syntax documentation is extremely
lightweight in this regard.  The closest thing I've seen is an example
showing how to bind two stereo output devices into a single 4-channel output
device using "bindings" directives.

I'd appreciate any pointers.

Thank you,
=MB=