[linux-audio-user] Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Thu Apr 29 05:26:23 EDT 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 11.15, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> Quoting Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson at dataductus.se>:

> > > i think you can use mplayer
> >
> > Right, though the real solution is to not use wma. Or, atleast, have an
> > alternative download with a less restricted format, e.g. ogg.
>
> Except if one wants to distribute his/her material the weedshare way...

Yes, I noticed the reasoning 10 seconds after clicking send ... as
always ;)...

And, yes, having an open format breaks the business case. But I'm having a
hard time imagining how this ever will work.
WMA in itself is broken since the DRM features are (probably) only available
on windows... they are definitely not available on an open OS in any case.

But even if you restrict yourself to a windows only audience, will it actually
work... will people pay? And will they pay more so than if you just ask them
to chip in voluntarily?

I don't have the answers, perhaps it works...
I do know that DRM gives me the chills...

my 2 öre, worth.

/Robert