[linux-audio-user] Digital distribution (was RE: Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro)

daniel.vincent at blueyonder.co.uk daniel.vincent at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 05:55:22 EDT 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:

> Mr. Onion Jack Daniels,
>    How would I listen to your wma encoded songs on my little Linux
> laptop? I tried xine and alsaplayer but neither was happy with the
> very Windows-ish format.

Yeah, it's a bit of a pain, but it's a good way at the moment of distributing songs without the hassle of posting CDs and handling payment. Bearing in mind that most people still use Windows it's the lesser of two evils to put songs out using DRM encoded WMAs. At least a large percentage of my audience can listen to the tracks in full before committing to purchase.

Older tracks are available via Vitaminic and Soundclick, but I found I was spending more money promoting them than I was getting back. Links to those sites are below if Linux people want to check out some of my older material (plug! plug!)

Anyway, Audigy2? External connectors? Anyone? Bueller?

cheers

daniel

http://www.onionjack.com | http://www.soundclick.com/onionjack | http://stage.vitaminic.co.uk/onion_jack <http://www.stage.vitaminic.co.uk/onion_jack>