[linux-audio-user] Re: OT: Microphone info

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Tue Aug 3 17:13:21 EDT 2004

"warm" means good low end :)

it is NOT true that EQ in the mix will fix problems created with your mic selection - not at ALL - one of the obvious things is that you can never ad back in what wasn't there to begin with, but there's more - better to spend your money/effort on good and/or workable mics (and the accoustic enviroment you're recording in) than on EQ and gadgets to "fix" it later - you really can't fix a damn thing, honestly

now then - I probably wouldn't use a 58 (or knock off) on hand drums - I would use a 57 though - as far as female vocals

a nice solid condensor is good - I have a Cascade MT20 that I use like i would use a u47 if I had one - it's about 400 dollars - AKG 414s get used a lot on vocals, they are about 1000 - AKG makes (or made) a tube version of the 414 - that's a great mic but I found it a little sibilant and harsh on some female vocals

madonna uses a 57 for her vocals

-------
NQuit
www.nquit.com