[linux-audio-user] sound on debian 2.4.26

Lazzaro N. Ciccolella ciccolix at tiscalinet.it
Thu Aug 5 11:07:06 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:01:24AM -0400, Laura Conrad wrote:

>     Peter> Maybe your problem is, that via onboard is loaded before sb live.
>
> I seem to have managed to get rid of the via stuff.
>
>     Peter> Could you send my your modules.conf ??
>     Peter> There should be what sound driver loads and in what order.

Hi Laura,
I am not a debian user, but I see your "modules.conf":
you have 2 sounds devices in the slot-0 (the first).

alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
alias sound-slot-0 snd-via82xx

alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1

This succeeds when run more times the script "alsaconf".

If you do not mean to use the "via" device
comments (#) (or delete) at all the first text block written from alsaconf (all regarding "via")
else
change, in the text block regarding "emu10k1",
snd-card-0 in snd-card-1
sound-slot-0 in sound-slot-1

After if you decide to configure both the cards
remembers that you must run "alsamixer" with the relative card option (to the
card that you have attacked to your amplifier) "alsamixer -c <which card>"
(otherwise you can regulate the volumes of the card that you are not using)
run "alsamixer -help" before.

Remembers that in order to use the second card you will have to
always make reference to the card number 1.

when the audio part of alsa is working and you start to configure the midi
I suggest you to read this:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/MIDI-HOWTO-10.html by Frank Barknecht

bye,
--