[linux-audio-user] SLACK 10.0, ALSA and VIA8233a...no sound

marekjs marekjs at tlen.pl
Sat Aug 7 16:24:43 EDT 2004

Hi.
I use the motherboard SOLTEK SL-75DRV5, with VIA8233a.
I haven't problems with OSS drivers (via82cxxx_audio).It works perfectly :).But...ALSA, hmmm, strange: completly nothing, silence. Anyway it's a short history of my battle with ALSA:
- lsmod shows all modules
- alsamixer is unmuted and 100% for all
- IRQ 10, only for VIA8233a, no conflicts
- a silence on kernels 2.4.x or 2.6.7
- modprobe.conf with standard settings from alsaconf (via82xx on slot-0) for kernel 2.6.7
- modules.conf with standard rules from the web, for kernels 2.4.x (I remember about ./snddevices...)
- .asoundrc with hw:0,0 doesn't work (from ALSA web)
- hotplug is running
- silence on XMMS from ALSA (from OSS-no problems)
- I prepared missing devices into make_extra_nodes.sh (similar devices like snddevices for kernels 2.4.x)
- when I close KDE, I have: "ALSA lib pcm_hw:549(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: Broken pipe"

That's all.
Any suggestions?

PS. I have the same problem on Mandrake, and Debian with new kernels. I remember, than It worked on Slack 8.0 on my pc.
marekjs
marekjs at tlen.pl