[linux-audio-user] Re: [ANN] jamin-0.9.0 release

Alastair Couper kalepa at shaka.com
Mon Aug 9 19:32:31 EDT 2004

While we're on the subject, could anyone point to a tutorial or something
similar that covers mastering? Big subject, I know, but I am wanting to
know more about it. Does anyone have some Jamin presets that they could
share ?

Seems like there is a big concern in some genre that one's recording
sounds "as loud as" anyone else's. Leads to a bit heavy handed
compression, I think. Beyond allowances for various redistribution EQ
types, what is being achieved ?