[linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Anthony avan at uwm.edu
Wed Aug 11 17:32:59 EDT 2004

> > Fluxbox:
> >
> > It's extremely low in system load, fast, compact, configurable,
> > efficient, has menus easy to generate and modify, supports simple key
> > bindings to launch apps or even groups of apps, themes are simple to
> > create and apply, has no useless crap on screen, power and simplicity of
> > right-click cascading menus is unbeatable, user can tear off a submenu
> > then close it when done with a single click, and it does everything I
> > need a WM to do

Don't forget the middle click drag and droping of a window into another
to tab them together. I love that feature. It makes it completely unecessary
to minimize a window. Oh and the mouse-wheel bind to scroll through
desktops allows me to quickly go back and forth between ardour's editor
and mixer instantly.

--ant