[linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Stephen Hassard steve at hassard.net
Thu Aug 12 13:38:22 EDT 2004

If you don't need module support, you can compile a completely static
kernel with just the drivers/opts you need. I find that my custom
kernels take about half the time to boot that the standard distro ones
do. During runtime, they tend to run more or less the same if you're
running  similar kernels. A lot of distros and many custom patches, so
you may find that things feel a little faster or slower.