Voluntary scheduler for mdk, was Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Aug 12 14:03:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 11:43, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> torsdagen den 12 augusti 2004 17.11 skrev Russell Hanaghan:
> > On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 00:58, Anahata wrote:
> > > On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 03:22:39PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:

> > > For what it's worth I'm running standard Gnome on kernel 2.6.6. I don't
> > > do any heavyweight audio though. arecord records 16/44.1 stereo fine.

> > Does anyone know if a package for this kernel has been done for Mandrake
> > 10.0?
>
> None that I know of.
>
> Asking this guy might be an idea, perhaps he can include it:
> http://mandrake.contactel.cz/people/svetljo/mandrake/kernel/

Please be patient; there are still enough bugs in the voluntary-preempt
patches that distributing a voluntary-preempt kernel package would not
be a good idea just yet.  People with ACPI and APIC systems are having
problems.

At this point the remaining bugs can be counted on one hand, so it will
be ready very soon.

I would say in a week or two this will be ready for general use.

Lee