[linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 16:57:06 EDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 04:11:49PM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:

> Actually, now there's an even better way.  I think this feature is only
> available on 2.6 kernels.  The .config used to compile the running
> kernel is available in /proc/config.gz, so you can do:
>
>   zcat /proc/config.gz > .config

... but I think the ablity to embed the .config info in the kernel is
itself a feature that you can enable or disable in the config menu, so
don't cut yourself off by forgetting to enable it :-)

> Of course it's still a good idea to keep the old kernel accessible.

That's the golden rule. You only have to fail once to appreciate the
significance. You can recover with a bootable rescue CD but
it's much harder work. (been there, etc.)

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk