[linux-audio-user] Green's Function in Audio --- Demo Song

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Sat Aug 14 18:50:01 EDT 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:28:36 -0700
davidrclark at earthlink.net wrote:

> From your web page, it *appears* that you are using the sinc method
> developed by Julius Smith of Stanford.

Basically yes.

> Smith's method is very
> fast, but not as accurate as FFT/overlap with large windows.  Without
> Kaiser windowing, it wouldn't have seen the light of day due to the
> truncation effects.

I do use a Kaiser but unlike JOS, I optimize the beta value for
a number of factors that the JOS paper seems to neglect.

> I need something that preserves the phase and
> other information as accurately as possible between the channels,
> not a small-windows approximation.

SRC preserves phase.

> I need a guarantee of accuracy,
> and I simply didn't have the time to fully investigate the sinc
> method with Kaiser and other windows.

I have been meaning (at least since I first released SRC) to
write up some documentation on how SRC is tested, but I've
been a little busy doing other things :-).

> That was probably a longer answer than you anticipated, but I hope
> I answered your question.

Yes, thanks very much.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)