[linux-audio-user] realtime modules problem, 2.6.6

dee deetee at diversity-radio.net
Sun Aug 15 08:09:09 EDT 2004

> > > I'm running debian kernel 2.6.6 and am trying to get the
> > > realtime-lsm module compiled -without success.
> > >
> > > I first tried the non-debian instructions in the INSTALL file, when this
> > > didn't work, i tried
> > > apt-get install realtime-source and
> > > make-kpkg --append-to-version foo --added-patches=debian modules_image
> >

> What patches are you adding? Do you have the err uhh ADD_KERNEL_PATCHES
> variable set? (Check the man page for make-kpkg or the readme for the patches
> for the actual var)

Thanks to both of you for answering.

The patches i am using are those from apt-get install
kernel-patches-debian-2.6.6. --added-patches=debian applies them. (i
understood)

BUT i don't think my patching is relevant, i only mention it in case
someone said 'aaah, yes, those debian-patches...bla". as you say below it
realtime-lsm is a module, and its that that i have a problem with.

> I'd try:
>
> make-kpkg --append-to-version foo --added-patches=debian
>
> Then when thats done, make menuconfig, set up the things you patched for and
> then 'make-kpkg kernel-image modules-image'

? i'm not sure this will help, this is essentially what i've done, just in
one step. am i missing something?

kernel-image makes, but modules-image barfs....

any further thoughts, or correction in my errant ways welcome...
dee