[linux-audio-user] realtime modules problem, 2.6.6

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Sun Aug 15 12:03:10 EDT 2004

dee <deetee at diversity-radio.net> writes:

> The patches i am using are those from apt-get install
> kernel-patches-debian-2.6.6. --added-patches=debian applies them. (i
> understood)
>
> BUT i don't think my patching is relevant, i only mention it in case
> someone said 'aaah, yes, those debian-patches...bla". as you say below it
> realtime-lsm is a module, and its that that i have a problem with.

Right.  AFAIK, Debian does not distribute the realtime-lsm as a kernel
patch.  They did that for the 2.4 low-latency patch, but realtime-lsm
is a separate package.

> > make-kpkg --append-to-version foo --added-patches=debian
> >
> > Then when thats done, make menuconfig, set up the things you patched for and
> > then 'make-kpkg kernel-image modules-image'
>
> ? i'm not sure this will help, this is essentially what i've done, just in
> one step. am i missing something?
>
> kernel-image makes, but modules-image barfs....
>
> any further thoughts, or correction in my errant ways welcome...

I'm confused about what you're doing.  Are you trying to build a
kernel?  If so, why?  Otherwise, why use make-kpkg?

> > I have the realtime-lsm debian supplied sources. It's built as a module like
> > ALSA or Nvidia drivers or lmsensors, not a patch to the kernel like say,
> > lowlatency and preempt for 2.4

Have you tried compiling the Debian sources for realtime-lsm?
--
  joq