[linux-audio-user] JACK generates HD noise

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Sat Aug 21 08:27:17 EDT 2004

Hi!

Jack is so good. I'm having so much fun with jack... I'd just love to see Jack
be ported to all KDE Unices and replace ARTS. The beauty of open source...
Professional quality for home users with no extra effort.

Running JACK I get noise coming from the part of my notebook the HD's located
at... creating tmpfs on /tmp/jack and shmfs on /dev/shm didn't change that.
I'd really appreciate some help with this... I really don't want to trash my
notebook, as much as using JACK would be worth it!

Carlo