[linux-audio-user] Re: fc2 and audacity and jackd

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 13:05:37 EDT 2004

->Using fc2, I've tried to compile audacity so I can use it with jackd.
Primarily so I can use my ice1712 (delta 44) recording card.

I'm completely frustrated, anyone successfully done this?  I'd love some
help.

Daryl<-

Will it not compile?  I assume you've read all the directions about
enabling portaudio v19.... my biggest problem compiling audacity has
been in the linking.  There is a known bug in the configure process for
portaudio v19, where you have to descend into the src directory of the
build tree, open the Makefile, and in the "LIBS" section, add -lasound
and -ljack at the end of the line - this may have been fixed since the
last time I tried compiling it... so I'm not sure if this is still a
problem.  This is just my guess as to what your problem is; some
specifics would be helpful. (I've never tried it under the 2.6
kernel...)

Matt