[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Setting up linux computer

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Aug 25 12:44:30 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 09:49:19PM -0400, Ruth A. Kramer wrote:
>    * Give me (or someone else) permission to put it up on a wiki
> (WikiLearn) where others can vet and or correct the information.

I am fine with this idea.  If you're willing to take on the
task, I'll back you.

Note that I made a previous attempt at wiki-fying the LAQHT.
That attempt is closed for modifications but still
available here:

http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/
http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/LinuxSoundcards/contents

So I would start with that, it contains some edits that never
made it into the LAQHT.

> (Aside: I got hung up in a similar situation where a HOWTO was available
> under the GFDL which requires a fair amount of thought and boilerplate
> to make use of the information on, for example, a wiki.  (Among other
> things it required a new (distinct) title.)

I went with LDP license.
http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/quality/#copyright
Let me know if that's too restrictive, I would be willing to
consider others.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com