[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Setting up linux computer

Ruth A. Kramer rhkramer at fast.net
Wed Aug 25 00:21:18 EDT 2004

Paul Winkler wrote:
> Note that I made a previous attempt at wiki-fying the LAQHT.
> That attempt is closed for modifications but still
> available here:
>
> http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/
> http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/LinuxSoundcards/contents
>
> So I would start with that, it contains some edits that never
> made it into the LAQHT.

Paul,

I've started looking at those pages, but it says you were somewhat
dissatisfied with the results.  I guess I need to ask you how / why --
my first approach would probably have been to just duplicate (move) the
pages to WikiLearn and open it up for modification.  (When I first
suggested moving it to a wiki, I didn't have any idea it was already on
a wiki.)

> I went with LDP license.
> http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/quality/#copyright
> Let me know if that's too restrictive, I would be willing to
> consider others.

I took a quick glance at it, and it appears to be much simpler than the
GFDL, so I suspect I can work with it.  I'll let you know if I run into
a problem.  (I do have to think about the copyright, as it stands now I
have a boilerplate copyright statement that goes on each page, I (we'll)
have to decide if that requires modification (which would not be as easy
as I'd like).  Let me think about it some more before I bother you with
that.

Aside: As I started to look at the wiki, I digressed to your home page
and found things like your PVC saxophone and the "fuzz" box clone.  Neat
stuff!  (Not that I have any thought of building a PVC saxophone, but I
don't think I saw any dimensions (like diameter or length of pipe).)

regards,
Randy Kramer