[linux-audio-user] CCRMA switching to FC2?

Malcolm Baldridge linux-audio at paypc.com
Sat Aug 28 20:13:07 EDT 2004

>     Thanks for your time Fernando. I admit I get a little impatient at
> times, but for now I still am getting better performance than most with
> the 2.4.26-1.ll kernel.

I never liked DeadRat distros much... too much odd bloat and "let's be
different just to be different".  Have you guys looked at YOPER?  It's RPM
*and* pkg/tgz package aware, every binary + library is built for i686 as a
base minimum, and it's very "granular" in terms of what you install with it,
in the way of Slackware (which is normally my preference, however I'll
accept that most "newbies" will find that sort of "bare-bones" UNIX install
to be daunting).

<http://www.yoper.com/> for more information.

Cheers!

=MB=