[linux-audio-user] CCRMA switching to FC2?

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Sat Aug 28 20:53:01 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 17:13 -0700, Malcolm Baldridge wrote:
> >     Thanks for your time Fernando. I admit I get a little impatient at
> > times, but for now I still am getting better performance than most with
> > the 2.4.26-1.ll kernel.
>
> I never liked DeadRat distros much... too much odd bloat and "let's be
> different just to be different".  Have you guys looked at YOPER?  It's RPM
> *and* pkg/tgz package aware, every binary + library is built for i686 as a
> base minimum, and it's very "granular" in terms of what you install with it,
> in the way of Slackware (which is normally my preference, however I'll
> accept that most "newbies" will find that sort of "bare-bones" UNIX install
> to be daunting).
>
> <http://www.yoper.com/> for more information.

Checked this out real qwik...

That's not a bad looking setup. Are you using it at present? What are
it's advantages? Does it have a repository of it's own rpm's or can you
install rpm's from other distro's?  What about kernel packages, etc? Is
the installer in need of a Masters in Comp science?

R~

--
Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net>